Inspired by this post on making a miniature camera from polymer clay, I decided to add a leather strap to make my miniature camera a wearable accessory for a Calico Critter!
Click here for ideas of scenes in which you can use this miniature camera
What You Need to Make a Miniature Nikon Camera With a Strap:
- Black, red, and transparent polymer clay
- Transparent Liquid Sculpey
- White paint (if desired for detailing)
- 2 eyelet screws
- Material for the strap (I used 1/4″ saddle brown leather lace)
- Crafters glue
How to Make a Miniature Nikon Camera With a Strap:
- Follow the instructions in this post, sizing the camera down slightly if you want it to be 1/12″ scale.
- Before baking, carefully insert the eyelet screws into the top corners of the back of the camera, making sure they line up and are parallel.
- Bake as usual.
- Cut the strap to size and glue the ends down to make the neck srap. (Pro tip: if you’re making a camera strap for a Calico Critter, make sure it’ll fit over their fat heads haha.)