These miniature jars are so easy to make! I love the cluttered look they can add to miniature kitchens or scenes, and they really couldn’t be easier.
What You Need to Make Miniature Jars from Polymer Clay:
- Polymer clay in the color of your jar (I wanted to make a little jar of jam, so I mixed red with blue for a raspberry color)
- Sculpey Gloss Glaze
- Paint brush
- Brass paper brad for the lid (or another color of polymer clay if you want to do a lid like the peanut butter above)
- Paper, pen, and glue to attach a label if desired.
How to Make Miniature Jars from Polymer Clay:
- Roll the clay into the shape of your jar (I went with a round jar, but you may also want to do a more classic cylinder for peanut butter or a Mason jar).
- If you’re using a brad for the lid of the jar, fold the ends of the brad up to make the prongs as long as you want the jar to be tall.
- Carefully insert the brad into the top of the jar.
- Bake according to directions. (I threw mine into the oven for 15 mins at 275 degrees).
- Glaze and enjoy! If you want, glue a label on, but you can see from below that it’s not necessary.