Below are links to books and articles I’ve mentioned and linked to in my blog, organized by subject for your perusing pleasure.
- Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life With the Heart of a Buddha. Tara Brach, PhD. 2004
- The Art of Happiness, 10th Anniversary Edition: A Handbook for Living. The Dalai Lama. 2009.
- Beyond True and False: The Logic of Buddhist Philosophy. Priest, Graham. Aeon. May 5, 2014
- The Central Concept of Buddhism: The Teaching of Interdependent Co-arising. Alfred Bloom, PhD, Emeritus Professor of Religion, University of Hawai’i.
- Group Therapy for Substance Use Disorders: A Motivational Cognitive-Behavioral Approach.
- Negative Thoughts Trigger Negative Feelings. Exercise XIB.
- The Relationship Between Group Identification and Satisfaction with Life in a Cross-Cultural Community Sample. Journal of Happiness Studies, J, Volume 18, Issue 3, pp 785–807. Wakefield, J.R.H., Sani, F., Madhok, V. et al
- Self-Compassion: An Alternative Conceptualization of a Healthy Attitude Toward Oneself. Self and Identity, Issue 2, 2003, pp 85–101. Kristin Neff.
- Loneliness. Daniel Perlman. University of British Columbia. Letitia Anne Peplau. University of California, Los Angeles.
- Loneliness Matters: A Theoretical and Empirical Review of Consequences and Mechanisms. Louise C. Hawkley, Ph.D. and John T. Cacioppo, Ph.D. ( Author manuscript; available in PMC 2013 Dec 30.)
- Be lucky -it’s an easy skill skill to learn. Wiseman, Richard. The Telegraph. Jan 1, 2003.